Multilingual Social Media Platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn are by far the largest and most popular social media platforms around the world. But if you need to market your business abroad, you need to be aware that there are countries which primarily use their own Social Media Platforms, rather than the familiar social media giants.
These territories include the Russian-speaking countries, as well as China, Korea, Japan, the Czech Republic, and others.
When you plan your Multilingual Social Media Strategy, you, therefore, need to take into consideration which Social Media Platforms are used by your target audience. It is important also to take note that different social media platforms are suitable for different business goals – some work better for B2B, some for B2C; some of them more visual, some more informative.
At PolyDigitalMarketing, we take all of these aspects into consideration when designing and executing the perfect Social Media Strategy and Social Media Marketing plan to reach your business objectives, crafting unique strategies tailored to all of the various international Social Media Platforms and their users.
The most popular social media platforms in the World
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform worldwide with more than 2 billion active users.
- Youtube is the second most popular Social Media platform worldwide with more than 2 billion active users.
- WhatsApp is a worldwide app with 1,5 billion users that offers advertising services in different languages.
- Facebook Messenger is a multilingual messaging app with 1,3 billion users around the world.
- Instagram is the sixth biggest social media platform with more than 1 billion active accounts
- Twitter is a multilingual micro-blogging social media platform with 336 million users
- Reddit is a multilingual social media platform where people can rate and discuss aggregated news and web content from around the world. Reddit has 330 million multilingual users worldwide with primarily English-speaking users.
- Skype is a multilingual communication platform with 300 million users Skype is considered to be a social network as it possesses many of the common social network functions, such as profile status, text messenger, a group chat facility and file sharing system.
- LinkedIn is the most popular Business Networking multilingual social media platform with 294 million users LinkedIn is generally considered the best social media platform for B2B advertising and marketing.
- Viber is a multilingual messaging, voice and video sharing software platform with 260 million users
- Snapchat is a multilingual multimedia messaging app for chatting and online dating with 255 million users around the globe.
- Pinterest is an international social media platform mainly used for sharing images, GIFs and videos. Pinterest is a brilliant social media platform for visual advertising campaigns. Pinterest has 200 million users from around the world.
- Telegram is a cloud-based instant messaging and Voice over IP (VoIP) service with 200 million users. Telegram allows users to access their messages from multiple devices. In addition, messages are heavily encrypted and can ‘self-destruct’ once read.
Social Media platforms in Asia
- WeChat is the biggest messaging app in China with 1,040 million users.
- QQ is a messaging and voice chat software service in China, which also provides extra entertainment services like online social games, music, and shopping. QQ has 806 million users.
- QZone is the largest social network in China and other Asian countries that offers PPC advertising services. QZone has 632 million active users monthly.
- Doujin/Tik Tok is a Chinese music video platform and social networking site with 500 million users. China’s Tik Tok is similar to YouTube and can be used for visual advertising.
- Shina Weibo is a Chinese short micro-blogging social media platform with 411 million users. Shina Weibo is similar to Twitter.
- Baidu Tieba is a combined Chinese communication and search platform. Baidu Tieba allows 300 million users to create forums, and upload photos and videos. Social Media Platform Baidu Tieba functions by having users search or create a bar by choosing a keyword. If the bar has not been created before, it is then created upon the search.
- LINE is the largest social media network in Japan which allows users to exchange texts, images, video, and audio, as well as conduct free VoIP conversations and video conferences. LINE is used in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Turkmenistan, and has more than 203 million users.
Social Media Platforms in Russia
- Vkontakte is the number one social media platform in Russia and other ex-Soviet Union countries like Belarus, Kazakhstan, Estonia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova and Latvia that offers PPC advertising services. Vkontakte has more than 500 million registered accounts and operates in 80+ languages.
- Odnoklassniki is a social media platform for classmates and old friends. Odnoklassniki is popular in Russia and former Soviet Republic territories. Odnoklassniki has more than 200 million registered users and an impressive 45 million daily unique visitors.
As you can see from all of the above, entering new markets means tailoring your social media strategy around the most popular social media platforms in those territories. That takes in-depth knowledge, planning, and a strategic approach to get the best results possible – and that’s where we come in.
If you’re looking for the most effective Multilingual Social Media Marketing Plan out there, then get in touch with PolyDigital Marketing today!
Multilingual social media platforms around the world – Polydigital Marketing